One of the best advantage of using Zapier to connect all your devices and online cloud accounts is that they have a few major advantages over a service like IFTTT.
Major Advantage with Using Zapier with Home Automation
Zapier has a webhook JSON trigger so you can easily take data from a source and input it the way you want somewhere else.
Using KimonoLabs.com and Zapier together make programming easier.
Zapier, AutoRemote, Tasker, Smart Remote(app)
IR android device, LED Strips
- Begin with creating a new Zapier task that has:
Trigger: Google Calendar and Event Start
Action: AutoRemote and New Message
- Under #4 Only trigger an event start from Google Calendar when:Time before: 45 minutes
- #5 Enter the text that you will create a new filter for in your Android IR device to launch the task.Ie. turnonleds
- On your Android device open Tasker and create a new ‘profile’ ‘state’ ‘plugin’ ‘AutoRemote’
- Edit with the command text you picked
- in the Task you would add the ‘plugin’ for Smart Remote and pick your action.
- In your Task Edit wait a few minutes then turn them on
All Done!! Now every time you have a new appointment you will be notified through LEDs!
What is a Web Scraper?
Scrapers are amazing at finding content around the web and allowing you to post it somewhere else or perhaps have a notification for such an alert. There are a ton of scraping tools out there. We have tried most of them and have concluded the easiest and most featured packed one to be KimonoLabs.
What is KimonoLabs?
Lets go over the PROS
- Super easy to use
- A Chrome extension to get access your password protected content.
- A massive list of already generated content
- Provides an easy way to add a Pebble Watch app
- Easy JSON output
- Easy webhook notification system